|Dining Room Host,
RockRidge Canyon A Young Life of Canada property
Princeton, British Columbia, Canada
To apply or ask questions about this position, please contact Jeff Fry, email@example.com. Please include a cover letter and current resume with your application. Our selection process will begin immediately, however, we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. Thank you for your interest in working with Young Life and RockRidge Canyon.
Job Title: Dining Room Host
Reports to: Food Services Manager
Department: Food Services
Work Location: Dining Room
The Dining Room Host (DR Host) coordinates the safe, effective and efficient operation of our three dining rooms. The DR Host works closely with the Food Services Manager (FSM) to ensure a safe and timely delivery of each food service. The DR Host reports to the FSM for various set-up and take down tasks to provide a well-run meal service.
Young Life is a relational ministry. Incumbents must be able to convey a sense of Christ-like hospitality and concern for guests and staff. Responding to the unexpected needs of the guest in a prompt and professional manner is important and required. All staff members are expected to represent Young Life positively and professionally within the community. This is a seasonal part/time position with full-time work during our peak seasons (May / June and September / October).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Strive to consistently exceed the expectations of guests and to demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to service and quality
- Ensure quality standards are maintained regarding cleanliness and overall appearance of Dining Rooms, furniture, and equipment
- Ensure superior training of Work Crew, volunteers, and paid staff
- Must be a team player and possess a teachable attitude and have the ability to follow direction and to give direction to Dining Room staff
- Must be able to work well with teenagers and young adults
- Act as a liaison between the kitchen staff and the Dining Room staff
- Committed to upholding Young Life Food Service Standards
- Maintain health and sanitation standards for Young Life Food Service that meet or exceed provincial government health codes
- Maintain standardized setup and take down procedures for Dining Rooms
- Maintain standardized serving and bussing procedures for Dining Rooms
- Restocks paper products, linens and cleaning supplies as needed
- Follows and enforces all safety protocols and procedures (FOODSAFE, WHMIS, MSDS)
- Actively participate in the weekly Occupational Health and Safety Meeting
- Arrive at work on time, properly attired and prepared to work
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in dining areas and front pass in the kitchen
- Maintain a positive attitude
- May at times be required to help with dishwashing and minor food preparation
- Flexibility in scheduling required to coincide with camps
- In the Pinnacle Dining Room and Lakeview, clean jeans are typically fine (no tears or holes permitted). Sweatpants are not allowed. Closed toed shoes are mandatory. We will provide a RRC serving shirt for regular meal service.
- In Wolfe Creek Lodge, black pants and black shoes must be worn for all meals. We will provide a RRC serving shirt for regular meal service.
- In the event of a formal dinner, you will be required to supply and wear a white shirt or blouse (not a sweatshirt) with black pants and black shoes.
- Hair must be pulled back, minimal jewelry, clean hands, no nail polish.
- Lead by example in cooperating with all other departments on the property to operate as a team and produce a well functioning body. This includes being a positive spiritual leader and example.
- Relate to the local community in a manner best suited to carry out the public relations policy of Young Life, as presented by the Property Manager.
- Treat all interpersonal relationships on the property with staff and guests with equal importance to the task at hand.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of people in this position. Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.