Mike weaves his wry wit and experience as a husband, leader and yes, a sailor, into his talks. You’ll be inspired and maybe crack a smile or two. His goal is that you’ll leave the weekend refreshed, encouraged and glad you came.
October 18-20, 2019
MEN OF VISION & ACTION
Quality Young Life Entertainment. Inspiring Music and Breakout Sessions. Premium Location.
Keynote Speaker - Mike O'Leary, President of Young Life.
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
Friday, October 18
- 5:30pm-7:30pm – Check in. Follow the signs. (Nope, you can’t check-in to your room early)
- Dinner is not served Friday night, however there will be awesome “heavy” snacks at 7pm. Princeton has dinner options in town and along Highway 3, including Subway, A&W, Little Creek Grill and many others.
- 7:00 – Men’s Welcome Snack– Pinnacle Dining Room
- 8:30 – Club in The Rock. Followed by Cabin Time, then Free Time & Campfires
Saturday, October 19
- A full day of meals, activities, seminars and Club.
Sunday, October 20
- Retreat ends at 11:00am after brunch.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bedding and towels are provided. Leave that sleeping bag at home!
- Shoes for gravel paths
- Jacket & Umbrella. (You’re in a mountain valley)
- Hiking shoes if you choose to hike
- Flashlight (for walking back to your lodge in the evening)
- Water bottle
- Cash for extra snacks, specialty coffee bar, books and merchandise
- If you are comfortable with a Bible, please bring it.
Guest WIFI is available in The Loft and Wolfe Creek Lodge.
- RockRidge Canyon is an alcohol and cannabis free zone.
- There are small fridges available for small personal items.
- Meals included Friday (evening snack) through Sunday brunch.
RockRidge Canyon (see map here) is a conference and retreat centre located near Princeton, BC. Set in a breathtaking mountain valley, this exceptionally well-serviced facility provides a venue that will surely provide no shortage of beauty and adventure
TRANSPORTATION – WORTH THE DRIVE!
Approx driving times. (You know you)
- Vancouver 3.5 hrs
- Abbotsford 2 hrs
- Kamloops 2 hrs
- Merritt 1 hr
- Kelowna 2 hrs
- Penticton 1.25 hrs
- Osoyoos 1.25 hrs
From Princeton, take Hwy 3 east to the Golf Course turn-off. The road will turn to gravel once you drive up the hill. Follow for about 9 km.
See you soon!
Full payment is required at the time of your reservation.
If a registration is cancelled before October 1, there will be a $20 cancellation fee. Any cancellation after October 1 will only be refunded 50% of the original registration fee. Registration closes October 10 at 11:59pm. After October 10, there is no refund for cancellations.
We ask that you let us know immediately if you cannot attend, so that we can make all necessary changes with RockRidge Canyon Staff. Please contact Amy for registration changes: (email@example.com 604-881-6023).
Registration is now closed. See you at RockRidge Canyon!
Enjoy a weekend of great food, inspiring and informative sessions and all RockRidge Canyon has to offer – a retreat centre unsurpassed by any other in British Columbia. Experience the extraordinary for yourself. You are worth it.
Bring your friends, your dads, your sons. Men of 16yrs and up are welcome.
INCLUSIVE PER PERSON WEEKEND RATES
Includes Meals, Accommodation and 1500 acres of top-notch Activities, including Zip Line!
The cost for registration includes the retreat experience, accommodations, activities and food.
Accommodations are private or shared. Shared group rooms in dormitory style rooms, each with its own shared bathroom and common lounges. All rooms include bedding and towels.
$230/person – Dorm Lodge. Shared group. 6-8 pine pole bunk beds & large shared bathroom per room.
$330/person – Wolfe Creek Lodge. Shared private hotel style room, with private bathroom. Accommodates 2-3 per room. There is limited availability and will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
$450/person – Wolfe Creek Lodge. Private, single occupancy hotel style room. There is limited availability and will be given on a first come, first served basis.
Checkin Friday from 5:30-7:30pm. No early checkins. Retreat ends at 11am, after brunch on Sunday.
CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE
YOUR WEEKEND TO-DO (or not) LIST
- Eat. Sleep. Recreate. Repeat. (Bedding provided)
- Grab an Espresso, Latte or Americano from Canyon Coffee
- Fly over the lake on the Zip Line
- Mountain Bike (TREK bikes provided or bring your own. Trails on site)
- Kayak, Canoe, Paddle board
- Hike the Pinnacle Mt or stroll to the dam
- Tower of Terror Challenge
- Ball Hockey
- Swim (weather permitting)
- Wakeboard/surf/boating (weather permitting)
- Party Barge lake tour
- Games Room
- Snack Shop
- Retail therapy at The Ridge Trading Co
- Fitness Room
- Fishing (BC license req’d)
- Go to “YL Club”
- Laugh with your friends
- Head home happy!
VOLUNTEER for WORK CREW
Behind every successful event there are unsung heroes. In Young Life we call them Work Crew. If you have a heart to serve and spend the weekend at RockRidge Canyon please contact Daleen.