RockRidge Canyon A Young Life of Canada property
Princeton, British Columbia, Canada
RockRidge Canyon is a Young Life of Canada property in Princeton, British Columbia, owned and operated by Young Life for the purpose of reaching teenagers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It additionally functions as a Christian conference and retreat centre when not being used by Young Life.
Reporting to the Property Office Supervisor at RockRidge Canyon (RRC), the Office Assistant has a high standard of providing office support and recruitment aligned with Young Life’s mission. The Office Assistant supports recruitment of summer interns and summer staff, medical team volunteers, and summer adult guests. They also undertake special projects as assigned by the Property Manager.
The Office Assistant subscribes to Young Life’s Statement of Faith and abides by its Codes of Conduct.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Model Christ in word, deed and actions.
- Model and promote Young Life’s mission, core values, and strategic plan.
- Pray for kids, Young Life volunteers, and fellow Young Life staff. Ensure that all ministry at RockRidge Canyon is designed and carried out with a dependence on prayer that flows from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Personal knowledge and experience of the saving work of Jesus Christ, pursuing personal spiritual growth and involved in a local church.
- Provide reception for callers and visitors.
- Support retail departments in sales and cash-outs.
- Nourish a truthful, accountable, forgiving, joyful and healthy work culture.
- Provide media support to Sales Manager. Assist with email, newsletters, photo management, marketing initiatives and social media.
Young Life Summer Camping:
- Support camper arrivals and departures, adult guest program, and medical program.
- Support Young Life summer program.
- Support recruitment and selection of summer interns, summer staff, and medical team volunteers.
Team Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model open communication and work collaboratively with the property staff team and the Young Life staff team in support of Young Life’s mission, core values and strategic plan.
- Engage with and foster healthy relationships with the property staff team.
- Attend devotionals and staff meetings.
- Nourish a truthful, accountable, forgiving, joyful, and healthy work culture.
Personal and Professional Development:
- Pursue opportunities to further grow and develop ability and capacity through professional development training as directed or approved by the Office Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Some post- secondary education in business administration or equivalent preferred.
- Solid knowledge, understanding and experience in Young Life or other youth ministry preferred.
- Experience in not-for-profit or public organization an asset.
- Strong ethical, Christ-like character.
- Model responsible work habits, effective servant-leadership and stewardship.
- Strong communication skills. Diplomatic and tactful.
- Integrity to deal with sensitive or confidential material and situations.
- Results oriented coupled with ability to work with a diverse team. Able to work under pressure.
- Intermediate proficiency in a Windows based operating environment, MS Office suite, and Google Drive. Experience with Wufoo forms and Constant Contact an asset.
- Experience in various social media platforms including advertising, an asset.
- Basic photo management skills required.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be willing to relocate to Princeton, BC.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract required.
- Able to work a flexible schedule according to seasonal operating requirements.
- Current clean criminal record check, including vulnerable sector search required as a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in a rural camp setting.
- Employee is required to look at a computer screen and use a keyboard for up to 70-90% of the time.
- The employee is required to see, talk and hear.
- Work is deadline driven.
- Work is seasonal and at times there will be large volumes of work to undertake.
Hours of Work:
- This is a part time position. Generally, the workweek is 16-24 hours a week.
- Hazards are considered minor and controllable.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements. Other duties may be assigned.
How to Apply
We provide salary commensurate with your education and experience, group benefits, including an RRSP program, and support for professional development. On‑site housing may be available for rent at a very reasonable rate. If you have questions about this posting, please contact Linda Rytkonen, Office Supervisor, RockRidge Canyon at 250 870 9030, ext. 4103, or at email@example.com.
Please email your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Office Assistant” in the subject line by November 3, 2017. Please indicate in your cover letter how you learned of this opportunity. Thank you for your interest in working with Young Life and RockRidge Canyon!