|Dining Room Coordinator
RockRidge Canyon A Young Life of Canada property
Princeton, British Columbia, Canada
Job Title: Dining Room Coordinator
Reports to: Food Services Manager
Department: Food Services, RockRidge Canyon
Work Location: RockRidge Canyon, Princeton, BC
To ask questions about this position please contact Jeff Fry, email@example.com.
To apply, submit your resume here: Application Form
When applying via email be sure to include a cover letter and current resume.
Our selection process will begin immediately, however, we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. Thank you for your interest in working with Young Life and RockRidge Canyon.
RockRidge Canyon is a Young Life of Canada property in Princeton, British Columbia, owned and operated by Young Life for the purpose of reaching teenagers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It also functions as a Christian conference and retreat centre when not being used by Young Life.
RockRidge Canyon is committed to providing “intentional hospitality” to our guests. This means working to consistently exceed the expectations of our guests in quality of service, facilities, and overall experience.
Reporting to the Food Services Manager, the Dining Room Coordinator (DR Coordinator) synchronizes the safe, effective and efficient operation of our three dining rooms. The DR Coordinator works closely with the Food Services Manager (FSM) to ensure a safe and timely delivery of each food service, assists the Food Services Manager with scheduling as well as communicating staffing requirements and inventory restocking for the dining room.
The DR Coordinator reports to the FSM for various set-up and take down tasks to provide a well-run meal service.
These responsibilities are to be carried out in a way that honours Jesus Christ. The position demands a strong commitment to serving Christ, facilitating the mission of Young Life as expressed through camping, and serving guests with excellence. As an ambassador for Young Life, the DR Coordinator ensures RockRidge Canyon’s activities promote, enhance, and protect Young Life’s brand, and boost its reputation with relevant constituents, as well as driving broader awareness. All property staff are expected to represent Young Life positively and professionally within the community. The GG Coordinator subscribes to Young Life’s Statement of Faith and abides by its Codes of Conduct.
This is a seasonal part/time position with full time work during our peak seasons (May / June and September / October).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Model Christ in word, deed and actions.
- Model and promote Young Life’s mission and values. Represent Young Life positively and professionally within the community.
- Provide spiritual leadership to direct reports and volunteers.
- Pray for kids, Young Life volunteers, and fellow Young Life staff. Ensure that all ministry at RockRidge Canyon is designed and carried out with a dependence on prayer that flows from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Personal knowledge and experience of the saving work of Jesus Christ, pursuing personal spiritual growth and involved in a local church.
- Strive to consistently exceed the expectations of guests and to demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to service and quality
- Ensure quality standards are maintained regarding cleanliness and overall appearance of Dining Rooms, furniture, and equipment
- Ensure superior training of Work Crew, volunteers, and paid staff
- Must be a team player and possess a teachable attitude and have the ability to follow direction and to give direction to Dining Room staff
- Must be able to work well with teenagers and young adults
- Act as a liaison between the kitchen staff and the Dining Room staff
- Committed to upholding Young Life Food Service Standards
- Maintain health and sanitation standards for Young Life Food Service that meet or exceed provincial government health codes
- Maintain standardized set up and take down procedures for Dining Rooms
- Maintain standardized serving and bussing procedures for Dining Rooms
- Restocks paper products, linens and cleaning supplies as needed
- Follows and enforces all safety protocols and procedures (FOODSAFE, WHMIS, MSDS)
- Actively participate in the weekly Occupational Health and Safety Meeting
- Arrive at work on time, properly attired and prepared to work
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in dining areas and front pass in kitchen
- Maintain a positive attitude
- May at times be required to help with dishwashing and minor food preparation
- Flexibility in scheduling required to coincide with camps
- In the Pinnacle Dining Room and Lakeview, clean jeans are typically fine (no tears or holes permitted). Sweatpants are not allowed. Closed toed shoes are mandatory. We will provide a RRC serving shirt for regular meal service.
- In Wolfe Creek Lodge, black pants and black shoes must be worn for all meals. We will provide a RRC serving shirt for regular meal service.
- In the event of a formal dinner, you will be required to supply and wear a white shirt or blouse (not a sweatshirt) with black pants and black shoes.
- Hair must be pulled back, minimal jewelry, clean hands, no nail polish.
- Lead by example in cooperating with all other departments on the property to operate as a team and produce a well-functioning body. This includes being a positive spiritual leader and example.
- Relate to the local community in a manner best suited to carry out the public relations policy of Young Life, as presented by the Property Manager.
- Treat all interpersonal relationships on the property with staff and guests with equal importance to the task at hand.
Team Duties and Responsibilities
- Model open communication and work collaboratively with the property staff team and the Young Life staff team in support of Young Life’s mission, core values and strategic plan.
- Engage with and foster healthy relationships with the property staff team.
- Attend daily devotionals, staff meetings, staff conferences and daily bible studies.
- Nourish a truthful, accountable, forgiving, joyful, and healthy work culture.
- Personal and Professional Development
- Pursue opportunities to learn through books, podcasts, courses, travel to other camps, etc.
Personal and Professional Development
- Pursue opportunities to learn through books, podcasts, courses, travel to other camps, etc.
Young Life is a relational ministry. Staff must be able to convey a sense of Christ-like hospitality and concern for guests and staff. Responding to the unexpected needs of our guests in a prompt and professional manner is important and required.
- Young Life is a relational ministry. Staff must be able to convey a sense of Christ-like hospitality and concern for guests and staff. Responding to the unexpected needs of our guests in a prompt and professional manner is important and required.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a friendly, professional manner to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
- Observe and report unsafe work conditions to the relevant manager.
- Reply to radio calls professionally and respond to requests quickly and efficiently.
- Operate property vehicles safely; respect all signage, including speed limits and parking.
- In the event of an emergency, established policies and procedures will be followed. All staff are expected to work together to ensure a coordinated response under the leadership of the VP, Property Operations.
- Personal knowledge and experience of the saving work of Jesus Christ.
- Involvement with a local church.
- Agreement with Young Life’s Statement of Faith.
Education and Experience
- One to three years’ related experience in a restaurant, hotel or camp setting.
- Young Life experience is an asset.
- Work quickly and unobtrusively in a busy environment that frequently demands the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated flexibility and responsiveness to schedule changes and requests from guests and staff.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to negotiate, deal with conflict situations and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Observant, perceptive and detail oriented.
- Creative problem solver.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
- Take direction and execute oral and written instructions. Request clarification when needed.
- Effective verbal communicator and natural encourager.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Food Safe certification an asset.
- Current clean criminal record check, including vulnerable sector search required and every five years afterward as a condition of employment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule according to seasonal operating requirements.
- Must be willing to relocate to Princeton, BC.
- Work is primarily performed indoors in a large dining room serving up to 450 guests, and two smaller dining rooms serving 75 guests and 40 guests.
- Employee will walk outdoors when moving between dining rooms.
- Employee will move in and out of a commercial kitchen environment. Occasionally work outdoors when meals are el fresco.
- The work is active in nature and requires standing or walking most of the time.
- The employee is required to see, talk and hear.
- Work is deadline driven.
- Work is seasonal and at times there will be large volumes of work to undertake.
- Work environment is generally favourable.
- The position is required to work with teenagers, adults and volunteers of all ages.
Hours of Work
- This position is required to work a non-traditional work schedule including early morning, late nights, weekends & split shifts.
- Workdays may exceed 8 hours.
- Long days and/or nights can be expected from time to time.
- Worker will be required to work with extremely hot liquids.
- Hazards are considered controllable.`
- Due to the nature of the job, and our commitment to a safe environment for teenagers and volunteers, the individual is subject to a criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector search, and must submit a current driver’s abstract.
Note: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements. Other duties may be assigned.