|Sales and Marketing Coordinator,
RockRidge Canyon A Young Life of Canada property
Princeton, British Columbia, Canada
To apply or ask questions about this position, please contact Carolyn Mortensen, email@example.com. Please include a cover letter and current resume with your application. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. Thank you for your interest in working with Young Life and RockRidge Canyon.
Reports to: Property Manager
Work Location: RockRidge Canyon in Princeton, BC;
Young Life’s National Service Centre in Langley, BC; or
Type of Work: Permanent Part-Time
RockRidge Canyon is a Young Life of Canada property located in Princeton, British Columbia, owned and operated for the purpose of reaching teenagers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It also functions as a Christian conference and retreat centre when not being used by Young Life.
RockRidge Canyon is committed to providing “intentional hospitality” to our guests. This means working to consistently exceed the expectations of our guests in quality of service, facilities, and overall experience.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Sales & Marketing Coordinator markets RockRidge Canyon’s excess capacity available September to June to grow Young Life’s rental revenue, thereby helping fund and sustain Young Life’s ministry programs at RockRidge Canyon throughout the year.
The Sales & Marketing Coordinator partners with the property staff team to set a standard for service and presentation excellence at this year-round resort facility that exceeds guests’ needs and expectations by providing them with a world class experience.
As an ambassador for Young Life, the Sales & Marketing Coordinator ensures RockRidge Canyon’s activities promote, enhance, and protect Young Life’s brand, and boost its reputation with relevant constituents, as well as drive broader awareness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model Christ in word, deed and actions.
- Model and promote Young Life’s mission, core values, and strategic plan. Represent Young Life positively and professionally within the community.
- Pray for kids, Young Life volunteers, and fellow Young Life staff. Ensure that all ministry at RockRidge Canyon is designed and carried out with a dependence on prayer that flows from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Pursue spiritual growth.
- Cultivate an in-depth personal understanding of Young Life’s mission, vision and programs.
Sales & Marketing Duties:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, and new clients to rent the property. Prospect for new clients, build new customer relationships and generate new bookings.
- Retain existing rental groups, ensuring they stay satisfied and positive. Present new products and services as client needs are expressed or identified, and enhance existing relationships.
- Partner with the RRC property staff team to realize the full potential of RRC as a conference and retreat centre, and ensure that client needs and expectations are met and exceeded. Communicate frequently with the team. Arrange and participate in property staff team meetings and debriefs when required.
- In consultation with property staff, forecast and set rental targets for sales that align with Young Life’s Strategic Plan and work towards meeting these goals.
- Work with the Property Manager to define and refine the RockRidge Canyon (RRC) brand. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop RRC’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Cultivate a thorough knowledge of the current conference and retreat centre market and the solutions and services RRC can provide.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy, plan and corresponding budget that aligns with the RRC brand, and capitalizes on new and existing opportunities, such as churches, schools, leadership training and corporate events.
- Create engaging advertising strategies, both online and print material and create basic design, write copy, and develop standardized templates.
- Design online marketing campaigns for social media platforms.
- Understand and analyze website and social media analytics.
- Track and record activity with each client group. Submit monthly and quarterly progress reports to the Property Manager.
- Attend trade shows and promotional events such as the Canadian Youth Worker’s Convention, Missions Fest and other conferences to increase exposure
- Tour and/or host potential clients on-site as required
Team Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model open communication and work collaboratively within the Young Life staff, and in particular, the RockRidge Canyon and National Service Centre team,
- Engage with and foster healthy relationships
- Attend staff meetings, staff conferences, and prayer days when required.
- Nourish a truthful, accountable, forgiving, joyful, and healthy work culture.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing, or equivalent.
- Three to five years’ experience in a marketing or business development role, or equivalent.
- Previous experience on a sales or marketing team as asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Subscribe to Young Life’s Statement of Faith.
- Proven ability to cultivate new relationships and generate new rentals.
- Solid negotiation and closing skills.
- Self starter with demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of clients.
- High level of professionalism and customer service skills with engaging phone manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid ability to create media campaigns in constant contact or similar
- Creative ability to write copy, create basic designs for online and print advertising
- Ability to provide visioning for sales and marketing campaigns
- Current on popular social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter with solid online advertising skills and ability to analyze social media analytics
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs. Solid tech skills and ability to navigate google drive analystics, website updates, Camp Brain software and data base system.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract required
- Work Location: Work is generally performed indoors within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Physical Requirements: Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking or reaching for up to 10% of the time. Employee is required to look at a computer screen and use a keyboard for up to 70% of the time. Employee is required to use the telephone up to 30% of the time. Travel to meet clients will be required for this position. Monthly travel to and from RockRidge Canyon will be required for this position. Client meetings in the Lower Mainland and Okanagan area may also be required. The employee is required to see, talk and hear.
- Work Environment: Working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate. Work is performed amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, and noises.
- Hours of Work: This a part-time contract position required to work Monday through Friday during the day. Occasional weekend work may be required
- Hazards: Hazards are considered minor and controllable.
- Other: Due to the nature of the job, and our commitment to a safe environment for teenagers and volunteers, the individual is subject to a criminal record check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of people in this position. Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.