From September through June, RockRidge Canyon hosts rental and Young Life groups. It’s a great way to maximize use of this fantastic property, share it with other groups and help offset costs for youth coming to YL camp in the summer. That’s where volunteers come in. While we have onsite staff and interns running day-to-day activities, volunteers help everything run smoother. We really appreciate your help!
What’s it like?
Generally volunteers come for a few days or stay the week. Yes, there is actual work to be done but it’s lots of fun and generally not strenuous. You’ll have time to enjoy the property and friends as well. (Remember, we want you to come back!)
Opportunities to serve
- Dining Room hosts and hostesses – A typical day will include setting up and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, then tidying up afterward and preparing for the next meal.
- Housekeeping – Room turnover = Tidy rooms and making up beds.
- Food Services – Kitchen helpers, bakery and dish washing.
- Guest Services – Helping with set-ups for large events, sound techs, etc.
- Site & Facilities – General maintenance and special projects, like landscaping, spring flower planting, fall clean up.
Volunteering is also a great way to invest in the lives of others and encourage RockRidge Canyon staff. Let us know when you are available!
If you would like more information, please contact Carmen Bahr at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-870-9030 x 4101